Monday, September 22, 2008

23 Week Ultrasound

Here are some of today's ultrasound pics, including our 3D photos. Once again she moved a lot, but they were able to get all the measurements they needed this time. Her heartbeat was 155 BPM, and her weight is 1 lb 3 oz. All healthy! Take a look...
Jovi's head is on the right side, and you can see her eye sockets and little hand in the middle.

This one is hard to see, but it is pretty neat. Where it says nose and lips you can see her nostrils and open mouth right below. I thought that was kind of neat.

Looks like Jovi is going to be a thumb sucker like Daddy was. Ben sucked his thumb for a long time as a child, but I never did. Also you can see her little ear, and head. This one is almost a profile picture.

You can see her little hands right by her mouth, and look at that button nose. We think her nose looks like Mommy, but it looks like Daddy's short stubby fingers. I had very long narrow fingers even as an infant. And look at those chubby cheeks (like Mommy and Daddy.)
Again, you can see her hands by her face, and her little mouth, nose, and eyes. Unfortunately, these were as clear as they could get, because Jovi turned her back on us. She was not liking all of that poking and prodding. In fact, the technician said that she could feel her pushing back on the ultrasound wand. I think Jovi was getting mad. I can't wait to see her in person, and compare her to these pics. It should be interesting.
CUTE STORY:
This morning before the ultrasound Isaac jumped on me and his paws were on my belly. I guess Jovi felt him land there, cause she kicked back, and Isaac was so startled. He started staring at my belly, and trying to smell what had hit his paw. It was so cute. He was so confused. So the technician and Isaac have felt her move, but Ben still cannot feel her. Although I think that is much due to his impatience. He puts his hand on my stomach for 5 seconds, and if he doesn't feel her then he gives up. He'll feel her eventually though. We'll just have to wait a few more weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet, sweet baby pictures!! Jovi is a cute name, and unique. This blog page is awesome, Im wishing I had done one... I guess it's not too late to start. Makenzie is going to be 29 weeks on Friday!!! Time has really flown by and I'm having some anxiety because we've yet to do anything in the nursery, plus it doesn't help that we're going on two weeks without power. My shower is supposed to be this weekend but the facility is also without power, so it might be pushed back or moved to a different place:( take care and talk to you later!! ~shawanna

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

So sweet!! Not too much longer until you get to meet her. It seems like so far away but once she's born, it doesn't feel you were pregnant that long after all