Friday, July 11, 2008

4th of July Weekend!!!

My mom was in town for the holiday weekend, and we went to Bandelier National Monument, and Jemez Falls. It was a fun little day trip.


This is me trying to keep cool in the shade while Ben explores the cave dwellings at Bandelier National Monument. It was so darn hot!!!


Ben exploring the cliff dwellings. I am not allowed to climb ladders since I am pregnant, so I kept my feet on the ground. But it was a very neat place.


These are the old indian ruins on the ground. This was once a two-story home that held anywhere from 50 to 100 families in it.


This is the soda dam. I was so hot I wanted to jump in, but I was not equiped with a bathing suit, and climbing down would have been a bit difficult.

Ben and I sitting next to Jemez Springs. This was a beautiful area.


My mom and me doing the same. Its so exciting for me to get to show her new places. She's never traveled much. In fact, she had never been on a plane until me and Ben got married in 2006, and she flew to Albuquerque to see us. Now she is becoming a seasoned traveler. She flew twice to Portland when we lived there, and I can't even count how many times she's been to NM. I'm sure it will only increase once Baby McCarty arrives.
The tunnels. They were created for loggers, but now they are just an added scenic view along the Jemez Springs.

Very fun day! We were all exhausted by the end of the day, but it was nice to go somewhere, and see new stuff. It was educational, which is Ben's favorite kind of trip, ha ha. I love the scenic stuff.

0 comments: