Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Family Fun

My mother in-law, Patti, and sister in-law, Allie, left today after being in NM for the entire past week. We had a lot of fun!


They came into town on Wednesday, and us girls took a trip to Old Town Albuquerque. It was great to do some shopping with girls since it is usually just Ben and me. Of course, that will soon change now that we are having a little girl.

Me and Patti (my mother in-law) in Old Town.

Me and Allison (my sister in-law) in Old Town.

On Thursday, the three of them went to the tent rocks for a hike. I stayed home and rested since my back can't take any long rugged hikes.

Patti and Allison at Tent Rocks.

Tent Rocks.

Ben and Allie at Tent Rocks.

On Friday, we all four went to Cochiti Lake for a swim, and took a nice drive around the Jemez.


On Saturday, I again stayed home for a rest, while Ben, his mom, and sister went for a hike to the hot springs. They are too hot for me to get into since I am pregnant, and again they are long rugged hikes.

Ben and Allie at San Antonio Hot Springs.

Ben and Allie at Soda Dam.

Patti and Allie at San Antonio Hot Springs.

On Sunday, we all rested, and took a quick trip to the mall. We then spent the rest of the day watching the Olympics, and taking last minute bets on whether Baby McCarty would be a girl or boy!
Monday was Baby Girl McCarty's ultrasound, and then Grandma Garcia, Aunt Allie, and I went shopping for little girl clothes while Ben went back to work. It sure was fun. Our little girl will have the most stylish little outfits around. (I will try to scan in some ultrasound pics next week.)

On Tuesday, the girls took a trip to the zoo, and went pottery shopping. I got a crocodile stuffed animal for our Australian nursery.

And today, the girls traveled back to Texas. Now Ben and I are packing for a long weekend in Scottsdale, AZ. We figured we need to get our little getaways in before this little lady joins us. Ben is going to play some golf, and I am going to get a pregnancy massage (Woohoo! My poor back is in dire need.) We're looking forward to our weekend excursion, and going somewhere we've never been before. It should be an adventure. I am ready to soak my weary body in the nice resort pool.

0 comments: