Saturday, August 2, 2008

Baby Shower

Look's like I am actually going to get to have a baby shower. I didn't think I would be able to since I don't live anywhere near my family or friends. But turn's out my aunt is throwing me one in September, so I will fly to TX and see everyone before our little one arrives. It is a bit earlier than a traditional shower, but because I have to travel we have to do it before the third trimester.
I am so looking forward to seeing all of my friends and family. I was kind of depressed, because we won't be able to travel to TX for Christmas this year, which meant I would not get to see my family or friends until probably Christmas '09 or later. I need my yearly trip home to get a friend fix. It gets hard being away from everyone I've grown up with. Of course, I keep in touch through phone and email, but it just isn't the same as getting to go out with your girlfriends, and celebrating each other's special occassions together.
Anyway, I am so excited to see everybody, and get to have both of my grandmothers in attendance. It will be great to get to celebrate our little one with the people I care about the most.

0 comments: